Whoo, this was rough. We’ll get full numbers momentarily, but the Dow was down over 161, and the NASDAQ was off about 50, which is 2%. Gold had a very strong day up about $10/oz.
Now here’s what you need to know as you leave work today:
- It’s going to be a very volatile weekend in Greece, as aid talks continue.
- You have to see these photos of the Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion. They look like something out of a Jerry Bruckheimer film.
- Speaking of which, our Map Of The Day shows just how big the oil slick outside of New Orleans really is. It kind of resembles a hurricane.
- SAC Capital may have made $100 million off its Dendreon (DNDN) trade. The stock continued to soar on its FDA approval.
- Goldman’s stock has broken through key support levels.
- Moody’s downgraded a bunch of Greek banks this morning, further destabilizing the market.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.