- “The Flash” star Danielle Panabaker spoke to Insider about her experience directing season six, episode six of The CW show (“Licence to Elongate”), which airs on Tuesday.
- Panabaker, who plays Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost, said that her directorial debut last season was “nerve-wracking,” but she “definitely felt more confident this season.”
- She continued: “Going into my second time directing, I felt like I also had less to prove, because the first time I directed, I really wanted to show everyone how seriously I was taking it and how prepared I was.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
“The first time you do anything, it’s a little nerve-wracking,” Panabaker, who stars as Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost on The CW show, told Insider. “You can be as prepared as you want, but you never know.”
The actress made her directorial debut during season five, episode 18 of the comic-book series (titled “Godspeed”) and will once again get behind the camera for Tuesday’s episode (“Licence to Elongate”).
“I definitely felt more confident this season,” Panabaker told us.
She continued: “Going into my second time directing, I felt like I also had less to prove, because the first time I directed, I really wanted to show everyone how seriously I was taking it and how prepared I was.”
“I think, rightfully so, a few people were sceptical at first,” Panabaker added. “And now that it was my second time around, people really trusted that I knew what I was doing, and was capable of hopefully giving the best version of that script possible.”
#tbt to the first time I directed @CW_TheFlash. so grateful to my Flash Family for their support & the chance to direct again in Season 6! I had a fantastic time & learned so much that I brought with me to my second time directing. can’t wait for you to see the episode on Nov 19! pic.twitter.com/UG8zi9LNAl
— Danielle Panabaker (@dpanabaker) November 7, 2019
In addition to directing a season six episode, the actress also told us that Killer Frost’s new suit was originally supposed to be worn during the previous season. As the current season progresses, fans will get to see Killer Frost, the icy superhero counterpart of Panabaker’s character, “live a full-fledged life” outside of fighting crime with Team Flash.
“The Flash” airs on Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET on The CW. Watch a teaser for the latest episode below.
- Read more:
- ‘The Flash’ star Danielle Panabaker says Killer Frost’s ‘powerful’ new suit was supposed to debut last season
- The CW’s upcoming “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover is the most ambitious yet. Here’s everything you need to know about it.
- ‘Supergirl’ star Melissa Benoist’s new suit with pants took nearly 4 months to complete. Here’s how it came together.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.