Warner Bros.La Llorona chases after two children in the first trailer for the movie.
- Warner Bros. released the first trailer for “The Curse of La Llorona” Thursday morning.
- It’s an adaptation of the Mexican legend of the same name, which means “The Weeping Woman” in English.
- The legend is about a mother who drowns her children in “a jealous rage” before throwing herself into a river, killing herself.
- The movie, produced by James Wan (“The Conjuring” franchise), follows a mother and her two children who get threatened by La Llorona in 1970s Los Angeles.
- “The Curse of La Llorona” will be in theatres April 19, 2019. Watch the trailer below.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.