Good morning, AdLand. Here’s what you need to know today:
BBDO and Goodby Silverstein & Partners announced layoffs due to the recent losses of major clients. Adweek reports that BBDO made “significant” cuts yesterday in large part due to losing Gillette in April. Goodby’s firings were due to its departure from Commonwealth, its joint project with McCann for General Motors’ Chevrolet creative work.
Viral geniuses Rhett & Link created the most awkward yet amazing chiropractor commercial ever.
The Lucky Charms leprechaun has been auto-tuned by Saatchi & Saatchi, Calabash Animation and PatMan Studios. Those millennials do love their nostalgia.
With tax season out of the way, Turbo Tax reached out to creative agencies to help plan its campaign for next year.
Do you know which celebrity reps which brand? Test your knowledge on Ad Age.
Yahoo is in negotiations to acquire Tumblr, AllThingsD reports. This could be a billion dollar deal.
Previously on Business Insider Advertising:
- AD OF THE DAY: The Most Beautiful Love Story We’ve Ever Seen In 85 Seconds
- How It Would Look If Men Posed The Way Female American Apparel Models Do
- This Google And AOL Veteran Believes The Adtech Bubble Is About To Burst
- Consumers Can Now Buy Things Directly From YouTube Videos [THE BRIEF]
- American Apparel’s ‘Unisex’ Ads Portray Men And Women Very Differently
- This App Shows Which Countries Would Arrest And Torture You, Based On Your Facebook Page
- Budget Car Rental Has A New Logo
- Firefox Will Delay Ban On Third-Party Tracking Cookies For Advertisers
- We’re Looking For The Most Crazy-Beautiful Ad Agency Staff Photos You’ve Got
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.