Europeans know how to throw a good party.
But, when it comes to world-renowned clubs, live music, and scenic venues, some places on the continent have more to offer partygoers than others.
That’s why we’ve compiled a ranking of the European destinations with the best nightlife, from club-heavy islands like Ibiza to cities like Budapest, where locals spend the night partying in historic spas.
Here are our top 15 places to party in Europe:
15. The city of Thessaloniki in Greece is full of students, so there's always a party going on somewhere -- take your pick from live music concerts to trendy cocktail bars and clubs.
14. Paris may be an elegant city but it's also a great place for a night out, with plenty of hip bars and clubs as well as festivals like Rock en Seine -- a three-day event that takes place every summer in the picturesque Château de Saint-Cloud's park.
13. Munich is home to the world's largest beer festival each autumn. But there's more to the Bavarian city than Oktoberfest, with a plethora of lively beer halls, cabaret clubs, and cocktails bars to please partygoers year-round.
12. The Croatian island of Hvar may have gorgeous historic architecture but it's hardly quiet, full of beachside bars and clubs. Yacht parties are also popular.
11. Belgrade is renowned for its nightlife scene with plenty of clubs to keep partygoers entertained. During the summer, revellers in the Serbian capital head to the water to party on floating river clubs amid gorgeous views.
10. In Cannes, partygoers slip from one club or casino to another in the La Croisette neighbourhood. Le Bâoli is often deemed the hippest club in the French city, while big-name DJs take the turntable at Gotha Club during festival season each May.
9. Ayia Napa, a coastal town on the island of Cyprus, is renowned for two things: its beautiful beaches, and wild party scene. Whether it's a beer-soaked beach or boat party during the day or a foam night at one of its many clubs, there's always a party going on.
7. In the town of Novalja on the idyllic Croatian island of Pag, swimsuit-clad partygoers spend their days and nights at pool parties or on the beach amid views of the Adriatic Sea.
6. Electronic music is huge in Amsterdam. As well as a number of annual dance music festivals like Electronic Family and Loveland Festival, the Dutch city is full of clubs where DJs play to crowds of ravers.
5. In Barcelona, the coolest club to be seen at is Opium, where during the day you can lounge by the beach with a cocktail, and at night, dance to music spun by the likes of David Guetta and Avicii -- both of whom have played at the club before.
4. Head to Copenhagen for Distortion, which describes itself as 'an annual party-tsunami,' with over 111 dance floors spread across the Danish capital. Year-round, hardcore revellers can be found partying until as late as 9 a.m. at 'morning bars.'
3. Ibiza, Spain, attracts partygoers from all over the world with its insane beach parties, clubs -- the island is home to the world's largest nightclub, Privilege -- and world-famous DJs.
2. Berlin comes alive at night, when techno music pours from unlikely buildings -- one popular club, the Golden Gate is housed inside an old bicycle shop. Hardcore partygoers will keep dancing late into the morning.
1. Budapest is renowned for its beautiful, grand spas. By night, music, booze, and cool lighting effects turn these daytime sanctuaries into raging bath parties. Ruin bars — lively bars typically housed in old, crumbling houses — are also fun places to party in the Hungarian capital.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.