You don’t have to go far to sink your feet into some soft white sand or plunge into clear aquamarine waters.
Some of the world’s best beaches are right here in the US.
For this list, we looked at seven notable beach rankings compiled by travel experts, vacationers, and water quality researchers and combined these rankings to come up with the ultimate list of the best beaches in the US.
The rankings we used were Dr. Beach’s Top 10 Beaches for 2015, Trip Advisor’s 2015 Travellers’ Choice Awards Top 25 Beaches in the United States, Travel Channel’s Top 10 US Beaches, Forbes’ America’s Top 10 Beaches of 2014, Men’s Journal’s The 20 Best Beaches in America, Coastal Living’s 21 Best Beaches, and Thrillist’s The 25 Best Beaches in America.
21. Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park sits on a barrier island on the southwest coast of Florida near Naples. It boasts beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico, as well as birdwatching, snorkelling, hiking, and fishing.
20. Situated on the tip of New Jersey's Cape May Peninsula where the Delaware Bay and Atlantic Ocean meet, the Cove Beach's grey sands attract people all year long for swimming, kayaking, surfing, or sunbathing.
10. Waimanalo Bay Beach Park is one of three beaches on the over five mile long Waimanalo Bay, Oahu, Hawaii's longest bay which offers stunning views of the magnificent Koolau mountains.
7. Beachwalker Park lies on the west end of South Carolina's Kiawah Island and is the only beach accessible to the public on the island. Visitors can swim in the ocean while enjoying views of the Kiawah River.
3. The gulf waters of Clearwater Beach in Clearwater, Florida, are warm and inviting, and the town itself is family friendly, with an aquarium, plenty of restaurants, and beachfront activities.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.