Hello! Here’s what’s happening on Tuesday.
1. US National Security Adviser John Bolton threatened sanctions against the International Criminal Court. He described the ICC as a threat to US sovereignty and national security.
2. The White House says it’s planning another summit with Kim Jong Un after receiving “evidence of progress.” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said that no details had been finalised.
3. The US may finally be taking action against China for its alleged human-rights abuses. The Trump administration may be eyeing sanctions against China for its widespread surveillance and detention of Uighur Muslims,
4.A Category 4 hurricane with winds of up to 140 mph (225 kmh) is about to hit the US East Coast. About 1 million people in South Carolina have been ordered to evacuate before it touches down in the coming days.
5. The US warned that Syria’s use of chemical weapons against its people will result in a “much stronger response.“ US military officials said that the Pentagon is already preparing military options.
6. Russia is preparing for its biggest war games since Cold War.The US plans to monitor the exercises seeing them as “strategic messaging” by Moscow and Beijing.
7. Australian firefighters called in to battle US West Coast wildfires were shot at by hunters. The crew were chased across a ridge by two hunters, and were later safely airlifted out of the area.
8. Chinese state media confirmed actress Fan Bingbing was “under control” of the government. The “X-Men” actress was reportedly under investigation for tax evasion.
9. Youtube appears to have shut down pro-Syrian government channels. The channels for Syrian news agency SANA, the Ministry of Defence and the Syrian Presidency appear to have violated the site’s Terms of Service.
10. Yellowstone National Park has been suffering due to global warming and an increase in visitors. Hotter conditions have increased wildfires, while more visitors have vandalised the hydrothermal features.
And finally …
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.