Hello! Here’s what you need to know for Friday.
1. President Donald Trump has suggested that “the world” is actually to blame for the death of the dissident Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi. The president also said the Saudi crown prince, at the center of the global scandal, probably regretted the incident more than Trump did.
2. Sheryl Sandberg would have known about Facebook’s relationship with a mud-slinging public-relations firm. But it seems she just didn’t read her emails properly.
3. The US is asking its key allies to shun the Chinese tech giant Huawei. The US is highly concerned about Huawei’s close ties to the Chinese government.
4. Walmart is trying to contain its Black Friday chaos with a very original idea. It has built what customers are calling a “maze,” but photos show that it hasn’t turned out great.
5. If you’re having trouble keeping up with the storm in a teacup that is Brexit, we have good news. This nifty little flowchart will help.
6. The Saudi crown prince has decided to tour abroad.It’s the first time he’s left the kingdom amid the investigation into Khashoggi’s killing.
7. The wife of a British national sentenced to life on spying charges in the United Arab Emirates says he had a five-minute hearing. Matthew Hedges was not allowed to have a lawyer or even look at his wife.
8. A reliable indicator of Chinese industrial activity just came out, and it isn’t pretty. Macquarie’s indicator fell significantly this month, suggesting deteriorating days ahead.
10. And Pokémon fans in Japan will be able to evolve an Eevee on a Tamagotchi. It is just really cute.
And finally …
One ticket, two days, more than 50 insightful speakers, and over 600 executives: Business Insider’s flagship IGNITION conference headliners include Mark Cuban, Janice Min, Sir Martin Sorrell, and Barbara Corcoran. Join us for IGNITION, December 3 and 4 in New York City.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.