Hello! Here’s what’s happening on Friday.
1. Rudy Giuliani said there is a “50/50” chance special counsel Robert Mueller will subpoena US President Donald Trump to testify before a grand jury. Trump’s new lawyer added that if the president agrees to an interview it will be limited in its time and scope.
2. MPs believe the UK government is massively underprepared for the “impossible challenge” of Brexit. Progress has been made in Brexit negotiations, but Prime Minister Theresa May faces huge obstacles within her own government.
3. Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway massively upped its stake in Apple. In the first quarter of 2018, Berkshire added 75 million shares of the consumer tech giant’s stock.
4. Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano erupted prompting a mandatory evacuation. The eruption follows days of earthquakes which rattled the area’s Puna district.
5. The US military issued a formal complaint to China over the use of lasers directed at its aircraft. Two American pilots suffered minor injuries from lasers used near the military base in Djibouti.
6. Trump may seriously be considering pulling US troops out of South Korea.Trump reportedly directed the Pentagon to draw up plans to withdraw some US troops from South Korea.
7. Israel’s Prime Minister now has the power to declare war. The move comes as tensions with enemy Iran are flaring, and Israel might be signalling its readiness for an all-out war.
8. Tesla’s Model Y production will begin in two years and will be a “manufacturing revolution.” Tesla reported a smaller loss than expected in its first quarter announcement on Wednesday.
9. Britain will continue to pursue the heads of Cambridge Analytica. The company shut down on Wednesday after being at the center of a data poaching scandal involving Facebook.
10. Twitter is telling users to change their password after a bug left 330 million passwords exposed. Twitter attributed the error to a glitch and did not find any “breach or misuse by anyone.”
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.