Hello! Here’s what you need to know for Monday.
1. An Austrian newspaper reported Sunday that a Viennese doctor travelled to Moscow to treat Russian President Vladamir Putin for back problems.
3. ISIS has established a foothold in Sirte, an oil-rich Libyan port city on the Mediterranean coast.
4. At least 8 people are dead after a powerful cyclone devastated the Pacific island of Vanuatu on Saturday.
5. In a pre-recorded documentary aired on Sunday, Russian
President Vladimir Putin said Moscow was ready for nuclear confrontation over its annexation of Crimea from Ukraine last year.
6. Greek finance minister Yanis Varoufakis called the country’s
liquidity problems “insignificant” in a panel discussion Sunday, while ensuring that the government would take all necessary steps to repay its debt.
8. China has overtaken Germany to become the world’s third-largest arms exporter, a sign of the country’s growing economy and technological advances.
9.Boston has officially had the snowiest winter in recorded history, with 108.6 inches (275.8 cm) of snowfall this season.
10.Australia detailed plans to protect the Great Barrier Reef by banning the dumping of dredged soil into the sea.
And finally …