Hello! Here’s what’s happening on Friday.
1. Around 500 migrant children separated from their parents at the US border have been reunited with their families.President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Wednesday to keep families together during detention.
2. Republican lawmakers have delayed a vote on immigration. The vote on the so-called compromise Republican bill had previously been delayed to allow members additional time to review it.
3. North and South Korea discussed holding reunion meetings for divided families. The move is part of promises made by North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in to improve relations.
4. Irish and EU leaders warned UK Prime Minister Theresa May that time is running out to solve the Irish border. May has promised to preserve the frictionless border between Northern Ireland and the Republic, although Brexit talks are currently at an impasse.
5.The US government is moving to seize private land to make room for the border wall. Authorities are said to be gearing up to seize private land in the Rio Grande Valley in southern Texas.
6. Intel’s CEO resigned after an investigation found he had a past relationship with an employee. The company said CFO Bob Swan will take over as interim CEO.
7. The Israeli Prime Minister’s wife was charged with fraud. Sara Netanyahu is accused of using state funds to order over $US100,000 worth of catering to her home and faces up to five years in prison.
8. Russia is threatening the US with a “tough response” to Trump’s proposed “space force.”On Monday, Trump ordered the Pentagon to establish the space force as a sixth branch of the US military.
9. Tesla is making big cuts to its solar division. The company announced last week it is cutting 9 per cent of its workforce, which will sharply downsize its residential solar business.
10.Saudi Arabia is planning to turn rival Qatar into an island. The country appears to be moving forward with plans to dig a canal along its 38-mile (61 kilometer) border with Qatar.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.