Hello! Here’s whats happening on Friday.
1. President Donald Trump said UK Prime Minister Theresa May’s Brexit plans will “probably kill” any US-UK trade deal. Trump also said a “Trump Baby” blimp flown during his UK trip made him feel “unwelcome.”
2. China just recorded the largest trade surplus with the US.In US-dollar terms, it was the largest on record.
3. Johnson & Johnson must pay $US4.7 billion in a cancer case. 22 women alleged that the company’s talc-based products caused ovarian cancer.
4. Jeff Bezos’ company Blue Origin plans to charge passengers at least $US200,000 to travel to space. The company is planning test flights with passengers soon and will start selling tickets next year.
5. South Korean President Moon Jae-In said Kim Jong Un wants North Korea to be a “normal country.” But on Thursday North Korean officials didn’t show up to a meeting with the US.
6. Japan is struggling to supply water to towns hit by landslides. A record downpour killed more than 200 people and hundreds of thousands of homes are still affected.
7. Pakistan’s former prime minister is set to be arrested on Friday. Nawaz Sharif faces a 10-year sentence for corruption once he returns from the UK.
8. Authorities seized voice recorders and flight data of an Air China flight from Hong Kong that made an emergency descent. The suspected cause of the incident was the co-pilot smoking an e-cigarette.
9. An autonomous train, said to be the world’s largest robot, made its first delivery of iron ore in Australia. The train, consisting of three locomotives and carrying around 28,000 tonnes of iron ore, travelled over 280 kilometres.
10.Chinese police broke up a $US1.5 billion cryptocurrency World Cup gambling ring. The syndicate ran on the dark web.
And finally …
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.