Hello! Here’s everything you need to know on Wednesday, January 23.
1. The record long government shutdown could be about to box the president into his worst nightmare. Trump may have to choose between his border wall and the US economy.
2. Now tech giant Oracle is in the crosshairs, and with good reason. The Labour Department says Oracle has underpaid women and minority workers to the tune of $US401 million,
3. What on earth is the president’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani thinking? Would you buy a used president from this ex-mayor? No one knows, everyone is asking.
4. A leaked secret presentation reveals min terrifying detail how the British might react to a no-deal Brexit. It looks like they’re going to be really, really inconvenienced.
6. The head of the US Coast Guard is no fan of the government shutdown. In a fiery condemnation, Adm. Karl Schultz says some of his team depend ‘on food pantries and donations,’ just to get by.
7. Apple, always on the lookout for the nex big thing, has made a bold climate change prediction. The tech giant says disasters could increase demand for its iPhones.
8. This transgender Navy SEAL calls ‘bulls—‘ on team Trump. Bronze Star recipient, Kristin Beck says transgender soldiers are every bit as lethal as other soldiers.
9.It could have been any old day as a crisp Cristiano Ronaldo smiled and signed autographs… It was moments after the maestro copped a near $US30 million fine and 2-year suspended jail term over tax fraud
And finally …
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.