Hello! Here’s everything you need to know on Monday, January 14.
1. President Donald Trump has gone on a Sunday night Twitter rant demeaning and mocking Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren. Trump took aim at Warren’s campaign announcement suggesting it ‘would have been a smash’ if her husband had dressed up in ‘Indian garb’
2.Here’s some of the excitement that you missed on a busy second weekend of 2019: The US government shutdown evolved into the longest on record and the president tweeted his frustration and fury at being called a Russian agent.
3. Trump’s national security team reportedly asked for military options to attack Iran last fall. The noted hawk and former neo con John Bolton apparently spearheaded the request that shocked US officials
4. Indonesia has finally located the cockpit voice recorder of Lion Air flight JT 610. The Boeing Max 8 fell into the Java Sea in October, killing everyone on board.
5. Rudy Giuliani doubled down on yet another dubious claim on President Donald Trump’s behalf.The president’s lawyer and former New York mayor has said that the administration should be allowed to edit Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report into Russian collusion before anyone else reads it.
6.And now for a list of all the key Facebook players… The ones who insiders think might be the next out the door of the social media giant.
7.China’s one reliable ally, Pakistan, abruptly stopped suggesting the communist party’s mass oppression of Muslims needed a rethink. Critics say Beijing bought its silence
8. Kerry Washington and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez have come out strongly against CBS.The pair led criticism of the broadcaster after its 2020 election coverage team appears to lack a single black staffer
9.IBM has unveiled a quantum leap forward in business computing. It’s the world’s first quantum computer that businesses can actually use to solve previously impossible problems.
10. A robotic-sex-toy company thought it was being pretty innovative.But after being stripped of an innovation award its come out swinging, accusing the world’s biggest tech show of sexism.
And finally …
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.