Hello! Here’s everything you need to know on Thursday, February 7
2.In the English Channel, a body has been recovered from the wreckage of the plane carrying Argentinian football star Emiliano Sala. The much-loved 28-year-old was flying to a new life from France to make his debut for Cardiff City when his plane disappeared.
3. Now meet the 30-year Apple veteran in the middle of the management shakeup and who’s new job is to run the company’s stores around the world. Her name is Deirdre O’Brien and she’s Apple’s new head of retail.
4. The former New York Times editor Jill Abramson has been called out by some reporters who are questioning her work. They say her new book contains factually inaccurate statements, uncredited reporting, and even plagiarism.
5. President Xi Jinping’s plan of turning China into the world’s largest economy is hitting a few unwanted speed bumps. China’s growth could potentially slacken to as weak as 4.5% by 2030, according to some analysts.
6. The embattled Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax is still not budging from his office despite being accused of sexual assault. But the mounting pressure is starting to show.
7. These are apparently the 10 absolute hottest fashion brands in the world at this very moment. And according to Global fashion-search platform Lyst, a little-known brand called Off-White is very, very close to No. 1.
8. An Australian robotics expert reckons he can make a ‘virtual wall’ out of high-tech drones. And in the process, instantly solve all of President Donald Trump’s biggest nightmares.
9. Apple regained its position as the world’s most-valuable company. Tell your iPhone.
10. Trump won’t commit to making the Mueller report public when it lands. But even the President of the United States won’t be able to keep it out of public view forever.
And finally …
A glass mansion in Miami has set 2 real-estate records in the past 7 years – here’s a look inside the $US50 million estate »
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.