Good morning! Here’s what you need to know for Monday.
1. Newly leaked HSBC documents show that Swiss bankers helped clients avoid taxes and hide millions of dollars, according to a report by the International Consortium for Investigative Journalists.
2. Greece’s new prime minister Alexis Tsipras said his government would not seek an extension on a bailout deal in his first speech before Parliament.
5. SpaceX aborted Sunday its second attempt to land a Falcon 9 rocket on a floating ocean platform and said there will more launch opportunities this week.
6. NBC “Nightly News” anchor Brian Williams will step away from the show for several days after admitting that he made false claims about being on a helicopter hit by a grenade while reporting on the Iraq war.
7. The leaders of Ukraine, Germany, and France are pushing for a summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday over the conflict in Ukraine.
8. US authorities are investigating JP Morgan for hiring the son of China’s commerce minister despite his terrible performance.
10. Chilean mountaineers say they found the wreckage of a plane that crashed in the Andes 54 years ago.
And finally …