Good morning! Here’s what you need to know for Friday.
1. Greece will meet with Europe’s finance ministers again on Monday in a last bid to end to the debt standoff.
2. The European Union has threatened Russia with more sanctions if the Ukraine ceasefire deal fails.
3. UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon called for action to prevent Yemen from collapsing after Shiite militiamen seized the capital in September.
4. Germany’s economy grew twice as fast as expected, sending stock market soaring.
7. Eight Ukrainian service have been killed in the past 24 hours, despite a ceasefire deal.
8. The Sydney cafe where a gunman and two hostages died in December will reopen next month.
9. The western US could face a mega-drought, a dry spell lasting for 35 years or more.
10. China’s President Xi Jinping will visit Pakistan this year, his first trip to the region since taking office in 2013.
And finally …