Good morning! Here’s what you need to know on Wednesday.
1. Veteran journalist Barbara Walters sat down with Donald Trump and challenged the Republican presidential front-runner on his proposal to suspend all Muslim immigration and tourist travel to the US. In the interview Walters asked Trump, “Are you a bigot?”
2. A married couple who killed 14 people in a California shooting rampage the FBI is investigating as an act of terrorismborrowed about $28,000 from an online lender, a sum deposited into their bank account about two weeks before the attack.
7. Residents in Beijing, one of the world’s most polluted cities, are using smog masks to make fashion statements. The city issued a red alert for smog earlier this week.
8. Microsoft and Amazon are squaring up in Europe, competing to control the lucrative cloud storage market. Both companies have strong US offerings and have made moves to build data centres in the UK, Germany, Ireland, and other European countries.
9. A former finance minister claims the Russian government is running out of money. Alexei Kudrin, who was Russia’s finance minister from 2000 to 2011, said, that within the next few years, Russia’s “reserve funds will be exhausted and they will have to raise taxes.”
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.