Hello! Here’s what’s happening on Wednesday.
1. UK’s Theresa May called US President Donald Trump to discuss plans for Middle East peace. May urged Trump to bring forward a peace proposal after Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital caused major unrest across the world.
2. China accused the US of harboring a “cold war mentality.” China’s comments come in response to President Donald Trump branding China a “rival power” in a speech on Tuesday.
3. The UN will convene an emergency meeting to discuss Jerusalem on Thursday. The rare meeting hopes to vote on a draft resolution calling for Trump’s Jerusalem declaration to be withdrawn.
4. The House will be forced to revote on the US tax bill that passed Tuesday. A US Senate rule forced Republicans to drop two provisions of the bill, prompting the need for a revote.
5. Saudi Arabia intercepted another missile from Yemen targeting the royal palace. Last month, The Kingdom intercepted two additional missiles fired by Houthi rebels.
6. Elon Musk accidentally posted his phone number on Twitter. Musk meant to tweet at a Facebook exec, but instead publicly tweeted out his number to 16.7 million followers.
7. A US Navy submarine missing since World War II was found off the coast of Hawaii. The sub was found in 8,700 feet (2,650 meters) of water after having been missing for decades.
8. Facebook introduced new facial recognition features. The software will alert users when a photo of them has been uploaded as Facebook crackdowns on identity theft.
9. Japan is buying a new US defense missile system amid growing concern over North Korea. Japan said it is actively boosting its ballistic missile defense capabilities as North Korea becomes an “imminent” threat.
10. Disney World faced backlash after it added Donald Trump to its Hall of Presidents. People are distressed over the robot’s creepy appearance.
And finally …
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.