Hello! Here’s everything you need to know on Monday.
1. Here’s what you missed this weekend.It’s the end of the year, and the days are getting shorter and (even) darker, but that doesn’t mean there’s less happening – just ask Ryan Zinke, Pete Davidson or Rudy Giuliani.
2. One of the founders of Vine and HQ Trivia has died at just 34.Vale Colin Kroll. A genius at any age.
3. President Donald Trump has tweeted that he will look into the case of an Afghan vet charged with murder.The president saw the case of former Green Beret Major Matthew Golsteyn, after a Sunday “Fox and Friends” segment.
4. A new report casts further light into the dark recesses of Russian electoral influence in the United States.A goldmine of data from Google, Facebook and Twitter shows where and how the Russians turned the screws, according to a report seen by The Washington Post.
5. The good news is Prada has taken controversial “blackface” trinkets off its shelves.The bad news is that has not stopped New York’s commission on Human Rights from investigating.
6.The White House is inching closer to a shutdown.The White House is stonewalling Congress over $US5 billion to build a wall along the US.-Mexico border, despite lawmakers resistance.
7. Nissan is looking to replace its rock star chairman amid scandal and arrests.Nissan’s board is meeting to pick a chairman to replace Carlos Ghosn, arrested last month for violating tax and financial regulations.
8. Strasbourg has honored the victims of last week’s Christmas market terror attack.Authorities said a Polish man died in a Strasbourg hospital Sunday night, one of a dozen people wounded in last Tuesday’s attack.
9. Germany tightens foreign acquisition deals in shadow of China’s tech push.There is growing concern in Berlin about China’s push to acquire key technology.
10. UBS has sent out an early warning bell that the era of US dollar exceptionalism is almost done.The US dollar comeback was the currency narrative for 2018, but UBS doesn’t expect those halcyon days to continue and here’s why.
And finally …
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.