Hello! Here’s what’s happening on Friday.
1. New York state prosecutors are said to be weighing criminal charges against the Trump Organisation. They are reportedly looking at what role the organisation may have had in arranging payments to women who claimed to have had sexual relationships with US President Donald Trump.
2. Scott Morrison is Australia’s new Prime Minister after a tense leadership spill shook up the government. He’s the nation’s sixth Prime Minister in six years.
3. A video mocking Trump was pulled by Chinese state media hours before trade talks. The US and China slapped a bunch of tariffs on each other again and their first talks in months went nowhere.
4. US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will visit North Korea again next week. The move seeks to break the deadlock and persuade North Korea to abandon its nuclear weapons as it had already pledged.
5. The US wants to help Taiwan keep its few remaining allies.A leading US Republican senator is preparing legislation to penalise countries that switch their diplomatic allegiance from Taiwan to China.
6. Japan’s trade minister said President Trump doesn’t understand trade. Hiroshige Seko warned that Tokyo might take action against the US if it follows through with tariffs on Japanese auto imports.
7. The family and friends of a Candian political refugee have been arrested by Saudi Arabia. Omar Abdulaziz says the timing of the arrests coincides with the ongoing massive feud between Canada and Saudi Arabia.
8. British Airways and Air France are stopping all flights to Iran. The next round of sanctions – targeted at Iran’s vital oil and energy sectors – are due to hit on November 4.
9. Houthi rebels in Yemen claim a new Saudi-led coalition airstrike killed at least 20 children in the country. The reported attack comes two weeks after a Saudi-led coalition airstrike killed dozens of children in a school bus in northern Yemen.
10. Google removed 39 YouTube channels linked to Iran.Google’s moves follows Facebook’s suspension of hundreds of accounts across the social networking site and its photo-sharing app, Instagram, for the same reason.
And finally …
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.