Hello! Here’s what’s happening on Tuesday.
1. The US and Mexico announced a preliminary trade deal. The deal is part of President Donald Trump’s desire to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement.
2. President Trump reportedly called off Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s trip to North Korea after receiving a “belligerent” letter. North Korea’s state newspaper has accused the US is secretly plotting to “unleash a war” on Pyongyang.
3. China may be preparing to end its long-standing family planning policy. The government switched its one child policy in 2016, allowing couples in urban areas to have two children.
4. UN investigators want to prosecute Myanmar military leaders for genocide. Both the US and the UN have said attacks on the Rohingya minority group amount to ethnic cleansing.
5. Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner’s family real estate company was fined $US210,000. An Associated Press investigation showed it routinely filed false documents with the city.
6. Toyota is reportedly investing $US500 million into Uber.The two companies are said to be partnering to develop self-driving car technology, an area where Uber has struggled.
7. The US has reportedly threatened to withdraw support for Saudi Arabia following civilian casualties in Yemen. A Saudi-led coalition airstrike in Yemen killed killed 40 children earlier this month.
8. Saudi’s King Salman reportedly blocked the Crown Prince’s attempts to take oil giant Aramco public. The move may have been aimed at keeping the Crown Prince’s power in check.
9. Germany’s antitrust watchdog plans to take action against Facebook. It previously found that the Silicon Valley firm abused its market dominance.
10. A boat full of migrants docked on a popular tourist beach in Spain. Spain has become one of the major gateways to Europe for migrants and it has struggled to contain the influx.
And finally …
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.