Hello! Here’s what’s happening on Monday.
1. US President Donald Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani admitted that a 2016 meeting with a Russian lawyer intended to get dirt on Hilary Clinton. The meeting is significant in special counsel Robert Mueller’s look into collusion with Russia before the election.
2. Shots were reportedly fired at the US embassy in Turkey.The incident comes as tension between Turkey and the US continues to boil.
3. The cofounder of popular fashion brand Superdry is donating £1 million ($US1.27 million) to fund a second Brexit referendum.The campaign is gathering momentum as the chances of a “no deal” Brexit increase.
4. President Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen is reportedly being investigated for over $US20 million in bank fraud.Investigators are also said to be weighing charges related to campaign finance violations.
5. Korean families torn apart by the Korean war are set to be briefly reunited. North and South Korean leaders promised in April to reunite more families.
6. Three people died after a series of strong earthquakes ripped through the Indonesian island of Lombok. The island is still reeling from three major earthquakes earlier this month that left hundreds dead and heavily damaged the popular tourist destination.
7. Flooding in the Indian state of Kerala has killed at least 350 people and displaced hundreds of thousands. Record monsoon rains have brought the coastal southern state to a standstill since late May.
8. Elon Musk’s Boring Company has asked for US tariff exemption for Chinese parts. The company wants to lower the cost of building high-speed transit tunnels, and has plans for a system between New York and Washington.
9. Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has abandoned plans for legislation to mandate carbon emissions reductions. It comes amid a mounting air of crisis surrounding Turnbull’s leadership.
10. China has arrested three suspects after the country’s largest bitcoin heist. The men are suspected to have stolen about 600 million yuan ($US87 million) worth of virtual currency.
And finally …
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.