Hello! Here’s what you need to know for Thursday.
1. A Russian freezer trawler sank Thursday morning in the Sea of Okhotsk off of the Kamchatka Peninsula, killing at least 43 of the 132 crew members on board.
2. At least four people died and dozens were injured after a fire broke out on an oil production platform in the Gulf of Mexico.
3.Masked gunmen stormed a university campus in Garissa Town in eastern Kenya Thursday morning. It’s not immediately clear if there are any deaths or injuries.
4. One of the men accused of gunning down Russian opposition activist Boris Nemtsov in Moscow is alleging that he was kidnapped and held for two days without charge.
5. The European Union is reportedly going to file antitrust charges against Google in the next few weeks.
6. GoDaddy shares jumped 31% on its first day of trading on the New York Stock Exchange.
7.US Democratic senator Bob Menendez has been charged on 14 counts of corruption that include conspiracy, bribery, fraud, and making false statements.
8. Shares of Aspiro, which owns the Tidal music-streaming service Jay Z launched with other celebrities earlier this week, spiked 938% on Tuesday and forced the Nasdaq OMX Stockholm exchange to halt trading on the stock.
California has imposed statewide mandatory water restrictions for the first time in history due to record drought.
10. Sierra Leone is now at the “tail end” of the Ebola epidemic after finding just 10 new cases in a three-day shutdown of the country.
And finally …