Hello! Here’s what’s happening on Friday.
1. The investigation of Special Counsel Robert Mueller will move forward without interviewing President Donald Trump.Trump was leaning toward granting an interview but is said to have decided against it following the FBI’s raid of his longtime personal lawyer’s home and office.
2. Former FBI director James Comey detailed some of the most dramatic moments of his career in a new book. Comey recounts the 2016 US election, the FBI’s investigation of Hillary Clinton’s emails, and his interactions with Trump.
3. UK Prime Minister Theresa May said the world must “take action” against Assad for Syrian chemical weapons attack.The British government believes it is “highly likely” the Assad regime was behind the attack that killed dozens of civilians.
5. China denied it is refusing visas to Australian ministers. Relations between the two countries have been tense since Australia proposed foreign interference laws after claims of Chinese influence campaigns.
6. A Syrian man has been trapped in a Malaysian airport for over a month. The man has attempted to leave Kuala Lumpur airport but is not allowed into Malaysia and has been rejected from other countries.
7. Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte threatened to arrest an International Criminal Court (ICC) prosecutor. Duterte has been vocal against the ICC and its attempts to have a preliminary examination of the Philippines’ bloody war on drugs.
8. A US judge ruled Uber drivers are not company employees.Uber has been hit with several lawsuits in recent years claiming that its drivers are employees entitled to minimum wage and other work benefits.
9. Japan will start taxing people to leave the country from next year. The tax is part of an effort to raise 40 billion yen annually to bolster tourism.
10. Elon Musk’s SpaceX is raising $US507 million in a new round of funding. A new filing shows the initial Series I shares value at $US169, which is 25% higher than the previous fundraising round value last year.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.