Hello! Here’s what’s happening on Tuesday.
1. US President Donald Trump said he would respond to the suspected chemical attack in Syria in 48 hours.Some US lawmakers have suggested that the president should execute a military response to the deadly attack.
2. Trump’s longtime lawyer is being investigated by the Department of Justice. The FBI raided Michael’s Cohen’s office and hotel room on Monday, and took records related to several topics, including the $US130,000 hush-money payment to adult-film star Stormy Daniels, made just before the 2016 US presidential election.
3. Formal bilateral talks between the US and North Korea could happen as early as May. On Sunday a US official confirmed that North Korea was willing to discuss the subject of denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula.
4. China’s President Xi Jinping said the country was opening itself up economically. Global stocks responded favourably to the news.
5. Elon Musk is trying to break the Hyperloo p speed record.Musk said on Twitter that he plans to test a Tesla and SpaceX-branded Hyperloop pod at half the speed of sound “soon.”
6. Saudi Arabia’s millennial crown prince got a rare tour of the inside of Apple’s new $US5 billion campus. The prince also got a tour of Virgin Hyperloop One facilities during his American tour.
7. Mexico is reviewing all of its cooperation with the US. An official said the move indicates that the Mexican government is frustrated with US President Donald Trump’s attitude toward the country.
8. Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte’s 2016 election campaign manager said he took notes from Cambridge Analytica CEO Alexander Nix. Cambridge Analytica’s parent company SCL Group claimed it was behind Duterte’s election-winning “man of action” image.
9. Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak is quitting Facebook over data and privacy concerns.Apple CEO Tim Cook and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, have been publicly sniping at each other over this.
10. Ancient bones found in Saudi Arabia are now the earliest evidence of humans outside of Africa. The discovery indicates that early human migrations may have happened more frequently than previously thought.
And finally …
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.