Hello! Here’s what you need to know for Wednesday.
1. A cell phone video found at the Germanwings wreckage reportedly shows the chaotic final moments before the plane crashed in the French Alps.
2. Lufthansa says the co-pilot of the Germanwings flight that crashed told the airline in 2009 about his battle with depression in an email.
3. Iran-backed Houthi militants in Yemen captured a military base along one of the world’s major oil lanes.
4. Several long-time former allies of the Russian President Vladimir Putin are questioning his aggressive foreign policy as the leader marks 15 years in power.
5. Muhammadu Buhari, a former military dictator, won Nigeria’s presidential election Tuesday.
6. China has invited Taiwan to join the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank under the condition that it uses an appropriate name.
7.Negotiations between six world powers and Iran over a nuclear deal continue today, as the Tuesday deadline for an agreement has been extended.
8. The 48-year-old grandson of billionaire Getty oil founder J. Paul Getty was found dead on Tuesday at his home in Los Angeles, while the cause of death is still under investigation.
9. A new study suggests Anne Frank died in a Nazi concentration camp at least one month earlier than thought.
10. Trevor Noah, the newly anointed “The Daily Show” host, is facing a storm of criticism after jokes seen as racist and sexist were found on the comedian’s Twitter timeline.
And finally …