Hello! Here’s what’s happening on Tuesday.
1. The US Supreme Court allows full enforcement of President Donald Trump’s latest travel ban. Court justices said the policy can take full effect even as legal challenges make their way through lower courts.
2.Special counsel Robert Mueller reversed his bail agreement with Paul Manafort. Manafort, who served as Trump’s campaign manager, was indicted in October on several charges.
3. Britain and the EU failed to reach an agreement on the Irish border.The EU had set December 4 as the deadline for a deal to be reached on phase one of talks.
4. Yemeni militant Houthis reportedly killed former President Ali Abdullah Saleh. Saleh ruled Yemen for 33 years and he recently broke up an alliance with Iranian-backed Houthi militants.
6. YouTube will hire 10,000 new staff. The staff will monitor inappropriate videos on the platform, after a series of controversies this year.
7.China said increased tensions on the Korean Peninsula were ‘regrettable’. North Korea tested its highest flying ICBM last week, days after China sent a special envoy to North Korea to mediate tensions.
8. The International Olympic Committee will announce its decision on banning Russia on Tuesday. The Russian government is accused of facilitating cheating when Russia hosted the last Winter Games in 2014.
9. Beijing is rapidly demolishing its own city. After controversially evicting, and demolishing the homes, of thousands of locals, city officials are now pulling down 27,000 billboards and logos.
10. Elon Musk’s Boring Company unveiled its plans for a tunnel system in Los Angeles. The company said the tunnels could eventually be used for Hyperloop, a high-speed rail system.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.