President Barack Obama just sent his 155-page jobs plan to Congress.
- The over $400 billion in tax increases would not take effect until 2013
- Over $6 billion is included for rail investment
- States could not reallocate funds to close budget deficits
- Requirement that money for hiring be spent by the end of 2013.
- Would create seven-member American Infrastructure Financing Authority. Members appointed by the president, thoguh s/he could not appoint more than four from the same party.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.