- Donald Trump has won Texas, according to Decision Desk HQ.
- Texas has 38 electoral votes.
- The state has voted for a Republican in 11 of the last 12 presidential elections.
- 24 of the state’s 38 congressional seats are held by Republicans.
- Polls in Texas closed at 8 p.m. EST.
- See the live coverage and full results from the US presidential election.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Donald Trump has won Texas, according to Decision Desk HQ.
Texas has voted Republican in 11 of the last 12 presidential elections. There are major down-ballot races across the state in the Senate and in the state’s 22nd, 23rd, and 24th Congressional Districts, among others.
The Senate delegation from Texas, along with the state’s legislature and governor, is firmly Republican. Texas’ delegation in the House is split: 24 Republican and 13 Democratic members. Texas has 38 electoral votes and was expected by analysts to be particularly competitive.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.