- Dan Kim, a former Tesla senior director of global sales, marketing, and delivery has left the automaker for Airbnb,Bloomberg first reported.
- Tesla and Kim told Business Insider that he departed in November.
- Airbnb did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Dan Kim, a former Tesla senior director of global sales, marketing, and delivery has left the automaker for Airbnb,Bloomberg first reported.
Tesla and Kim confirmed his departure to Business Insider and said he left in November. A Tesla representative said other employees have assumed Kim’s responsibilities. Robin Ren is the head of Tesla’s sales division.
Kim joined Tesla in January and is now the director of Airbnb Plus, which inspects and designates the highest-quality homes and rooms available to rent on the service, according to his LinkedIn page. Before working at Tesla, Kim had worked as an executive at the software firm Solera and founded the frozen yogurt franchise Red Mango, his LinkedIn page says.
Airbnb did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Tesla is known for its high rate of executive turnover, and this year has seen the departure of senior employees in the automaker’s manufacturing, engineering, finance, sales, delivery, and communications divisions, among others.
Have a Tesla news tip? Contact this reporter at [email protected]
- Read more about Tesla:
- A drone video claims to show the first stages of construction on Tesla’s Chinese factory
- From Elon Musk to Satya Nadella: Here are the 29 top tech CEOs of 2018, according to employees
- If you could handle the insanity, Tesla was the best auto stock to invest in for 2018
- Tesla still has a ‘golden opportunity’ waiting to be unlocked, and one analyst says it should send the stock soaring
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.