- The ex-girlfriend of controversial rapper Daniel Hernandez – who goes by Tekashi or 6ix9ine – says he repeatedly assaulted her.
- The woman, Sara Molina, is also the mother of his three-year-old daughter. The two were in a seven-year relationship beginning in 2011.
- Molina told the Daily Beast that Hernandez beat her multiple times, even as he cheated on her.
- Hernandez is currently in prison, having pleaded guilty to multiple crimes – including assisting in attempted murder – in connection to his involvement with the Nine Trey gangsters. He’s cooperating with federal investigators.
Sara Molina, the ex-girlfriend of Tekashi 6ix9ine, told the Daily Beast that the controversial rapper regularly assaulted her.
Molina and 6ix9ine, whose real name is Daniel Hernandez, were together for seven years, beginning in 2011, when he was 16 years old. The two met while working at the Stay Fresh deli in Bushwick, Brooklyn, after Hernandez dropped out of school following his father’s murder. The two stayed together during his formative period as a rapper and gang member. They had a daughter together in 2015.
One recent occasion Hernandez beat her, Molina said, was when she visited him in Dubai in October 2018. She said Hernandez admitted to having multiple STDs after cheating on her with dozens of women. He, in turn, accused Molina of cheating on him with Kifano “Shotti” Jordan, a fugitive who Hernandez made his manager, the Daily Beast reported. When Molina denied cheating on him, she says he punched her, driving “a hair extension into her scalp,” according to the Daily Beast.
“I was leaking blood,” she said. “There was blood on the hotel pillow cases. He got scared.”
It was one of several instances where Hernandez beat and, on at least one occasion, sexually assaulted Molina, according to her account. Hernandez’s attorney did not immediately respond to INSIDER’s request for comment.
Molina told the Daily Beast that she didn’t report the assaults to the police, though she provided the news outlet with photos she said were taken shortly after the attacks, showing bruises and cuts. Hernandez has never been arrested for assault or domestic violence, though he has pleaded guilty to charges involving aiding in attempted murder, aiding in attempted robbery, and illegal firearms possession in connection with his gang activity.
At some point during this period, Hernandez also filmed a commercial for a sex toy shop advocating for preventing violence against women, where he said he learned “how to treat women with dignity and respect.”
Molina said that in August 2018, she confronted Hernandez about supposed cheating the previous night. Hernandez responded by beating her again, she said. A month later, she claimed, he evicted her from the apartment. Molina said she and their daughter went to a hotel in Brooklyn, which kept her out of sight as federal authorities raided Hernandez’s apartment days after the eviction.
During their raid, the federal authorities supposedly found an assault rifle, which Molina said inspired Hernandez to try to set things straight. Hernandez moved into his mother’s house on Long Island, and Molina and their daughter joined them.
But a few months later, in November, Hernandez began a relationship with Sarah “Jade” Wattley, a strip club worker who also happens to be in a feud with Cardi B. He reportedly bought her a Rolex for her birthday. When Molina confronted her about the relationship, she told the Daily Beast, he beat her again.
“He was very aggressive,” Molina told the Daily Beast. “He didn’t want to talk about it. He dragged me by my hair and slapped me in my face, which caused the black eye.”
Hernandez was arrested on November 19, charged with illegal firearms possession, racketeering, and assisting in attempted murder. At that point, Molina said, she was already done with him.
Since then, Hernandez has been in a legal quagmire.
He pleaded guilty to the charges on January 23, according to court records reviewed by INSIDER, and agreed to cooperate with federal prosecutors in their cases against the Nine Trey gangsters.
And even as that investigation moves forward, Hernandez may soon be resentenced for a previous child-sex case, which also involved him cheating on Molina. Hernandez is currently in jail at an undisclosed location.
This article has been updated.
- Read more:
- Here’s everything you need to know about Tekashi 6ix9ine, the controversial 22-year-old rapper who could go to prison for life
- Tekashi 6ix9ine is reportedly writing and producing a new album from prison
- Controversial rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine pleaded guilty for his role in a violent drug-trafficking gang and agreed to cooperate with prosecutors
- Federal authorities are reportedly investigating the possible involvement of rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine in the attempted shooting of rapper Chief Keef
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.