- Jackson Racicot, 17, quit his job at Walmart by announcing it over the store’s intercom.
- He cursed out his managers and said they treated him and other employees poorly.
- The video he took of the event went viral.
A Walmart employee dramatically quit his job, cursing out his managers over the intercom and telling all the shoppers listening that he was poorly treated.
“Attention all shoppers, associates, and management, I would like to say to all of you today that nobody should work here – ever,” he said.
Jackson Racicot, who is 17, quit the Walmart in Grande Prairie, Alberta. He posted a video of his announcement on Facebook on December 6, and it’s since gone viral. In the video, he said the store’s management lied to employees and insulted them and unfairly cut his pay.
At the end, you can hear people clapping. Racicot said he left through the fire exit.
Racicot told the Edmonton Journal that he had already handed in the paperwork to leave and secured another job before his viral exit.
“I don’t regret what I did. I went into this knowing what will happen,” he said.
A representative for Walmart told the Edmonton Journal that it would address Racicot’s video internally.
“We are aware of the video circulating online and are disappointed by this incident. Respect for all individuals including our associates and customers is a core value at Walmart,” the representative said. “We are looking into this matter and will address it internally as required.”
- Read more:
- Instagram is cracking down on its pro-anorexia community
- PewDiePie mocked his critics after praising a ‘Nazi’ YouTube channel but says he will ‘be more careful in the future’
- 29 moments that went viral and dominated the internet this year
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.