Taylor Swift/YouTubeKaty Perry and Taylor Swift ended their public feud ahead of the ‘You Need to Calm Down’ music video.
- Taylor Swift released the music video for her latest song called “You Need to Calm Down,” which is an ode to LGBTQ rights.
- The colourful video is filled with plenty of celebrities, including: Ellen DeGeneres, RuPaul, the stars of Netflix’s “Queer Eye” (Antoni Porowski, Tan France, Karamo Brown, Bobby Berk, and Jonathan Van Ness), Adam Rippon, Laverne Cox, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Adam Lambert, Billy Porter, Todrick Hall, Ryan Reynolds, Dexter Mayfield, Ciara, Hayley Kiyoko.
- Swift also dresses in a french fry costume and ends her feud with Katy Perry, who’s seen wearing a hamburger outfit. In the video, the two hug as they’re surrounded by angry protesters.
- The video ends with Swift displaying a title card urging people to sign a petition she created in support of the Equality Act.
- “You Need to Calm Down” will be part of her upcoming album called “Lover,” which will be released on Friday, August 23.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.