- Taylor Swift answered a bunch of rapid-fire questions during an appearance on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” on Wednesday.
- The singer admitted that the most rebellious thing she did as a teenager was putting Joe Jonas “on blast” for breaking up with her over a seconds-long phone call.
- “That was too much,” the singer said. “I was 18. Yeah. We laugh about it now, but that was mouthy. Just some teenage stuff there.”
- The couple briefly dated in 2008 and Swift opened up about the split during an appearance on “The Ellen Show” in November 2008.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
“That was too much,” the “ME!” singer said while answering rapid-fire questions during an appearance on “The Ellen Show” on Wednesday. “I was 18. Yeah. We laugh about it now, but that was mouthy. Just some teenage stuff there.”
Swift famously called out Jonas, who she dated for a few months in 2018, while appearing on the talk show in November 2008. She referred to the breakup as “ouch” and said that he wasn’t “in my life anymore.”
“Someday I’m gonna find somebody really, really great who’s right for me,” the singer said.
“When I find that person that is right for me, he’ll be wonderful,” Swift added. “And when I look at that person, I’m not even gonna be able to remember the boy who broke up with me over the phone in 25 seconds when I was 18.”
Swift’s comment caused DeGeneres’ jaw to drop while the audience applauded the singer.
“I looked at the call log and it was like, 27 seconds,” she continued. “That’s got to be a record.”
Following their breakup, Swift released a song about Jonas called “Forever and Always.” The track appeared on her second studio album, “Fearless.” Fans have also speculated that “Last Kiss” from her “Speak Now” album was inspired by the Jonas Brothers member.
Both Swift and Jonas have moved on since their split 11 years ago. Swift keeps her current relationship with British actor Joe Alwyn under wraps and it’s unclear when they started dating. Fans think that the two stars may have met in 2016. Since 2017,Swift and Alwyn have been photographed in public together.
Jonas is now married to “Game of Thrones” star Sophie Turner. The couple began dating in 2016 and revealed their engagement in October 2017. In May 2018, following the Jonas Brothers’ performance at the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada, Jonas and Turner got married at a low-key ceremony officiated by an Elvis Presley impersonator. They’re expected to hold a more formal celebration in France in the summer.
Watch the “Ellen Show” video below (Swift talks about Jonas at 1:25).
- Read more about Taylor Swift:
- Taylor Swift performed with a marching band at the Billboard Music Awards, and fans are accusing her of ripping off Beychella
- Taylor Swift channeled her 2008 ‘Love Story’ music video with a tiara and $US6,500 pastel gown at the Time 100 Gala
- Taylor Swift donated $US113,000 to an LGBTQ advocacy group in Tennessee