Photo: AP Images
Global Finance is publishing a sweet list of the world’s top 50 safest banks in their April issue.Rankings were determined by credit rating and balance sheet. Only major institutions qualified.
Main takeaway: American banks are really not safe at all, at least compared to their global peers.
Not a single U.S. bank figured in the top 20.
Just five are in the top 50.
Here are the top 10, only one of which we’re familiar with:
2. Bank Nederlandse Gemeenten (BNG)
3. Zürcher Kantonalbank
4. Landwirtschaftliche Rentenbank
5. Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations(CDC)
6. Tie* Landeskreditbank Baden-Württemberg
Förderbank (L-Bank) (Germany); Nederlandse Waterschapsbank (Netherlands)
7. Banque et Caisse d’Épargne de l’État
8. Rabobank Group
10. Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)