- The Super Bowl between the New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles kicks off on Sunday.
- A majority of experts are picking the Patriots to win.
The Super Bowl kicks off on Sunday as the upstart Philadelphia Eagles try to stop the New England Patriots from becoming back-to-back champions.
Both team’s paths to this point were quite different. The Patriots started off the season flat before picking up steam, cruising through the Tennessee Titans and pulling off an inspiring comeback over the Jacksonville Jaguars in the AFC Championship.
The Eagles were the NFL’s hottest team until Carson Wentz’s torn ACL in Week 14. On the back of a vicious defence and balanced offence, they outlasted the Atlanta Falcons and then blew the doors off of the Minnesota Vikings in the NFC Championship.
This Super Bowl will pit to similar teams against one another – deep, balanced, and smartly coached. Nick Foles is no Tom Brady, but the Eagles defence is one of the most forceful in the league.
To get a better idea of who might come out on top, we searched across the NFL world to see their predictions for who will win the Super Bowl.
- ESPN: 41 experts picking the Patriots, 16 picking the Eagles
- NFL.com: 13 experts picking the Patriots, 5 experts picking the Eagles
- SB Nation: 5 experts picking the Patriots, 2 experts picking the Eagles
- USA Today: 6 experts picking the Patriots, 0 picking the Eagles
- CBS Sports: 2 experts picking the Patriots, 6 experts picking the Eagles
In total: 67 of 96 (70.0%) experts are predicting the Patriots to win the Super Bowl.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.