- The New England Patriots are slight favourites over the Los Angeles Rams in Super Bowl 53.
- Experts feel that way, too, as 71 of 112 experts we surveyed picked the Patriots.
- The Rams still have some backers, as 41 picked the Rams to win the big game.
- Check out all of our coverage of Super Bowl LIII here >
Super Bowl 53 will pit the enduring New England Patriots against the upstart Los Angeles Rams.
The game features plenty of exciting matchups: Tom Brady and Jared Goff, Aaron Donald vs. Brady, Bill Belichick vs. Sean McVay, to name a few.
Both teams are talented and well-coached, and it should be a close game.
We surveyed NFL writers from several big outlets to get an idea of who they are predicting to win the Super Bowl.
It may not come as a shock, but the Patriots are favoured.
- ESPN: 45 picked the Patriots, 27 picked the Rams
- Sports Illustrated: 10 picked the Patriots, 4 picked the Rams
- NFL.com: 11 picked the Patriots, 9 picked the Rams
- USA Today: 5 picked the Patriots, 1 picked the Rams
Total, that’s 71 for the Patriots, 41 for the Rams.
- Read more:
- 10 things you probably didn’t know about Julian Edelman, longtime Patriots wide receiver and Tom Brady’s right-hand man
- 38 examples of Tom Brady’s extraordinary competitiveness
- The 31 best prop bets you can make on the Super Bowl
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.