Photo: CBS screencap
- Last night’s Super Bowl XLVII on CBS was the highest rated Super Bowl in metered market history. The four-hour-long game at in New Orleans was seen in an average of 48.1 per cent of households. Last year’s Super Bowl was seen in 47.8 per cent of households.
- And the most-tweeted! The Super Bowl drew more than 24 million tweets, exceeding last year’s record 13.7 million tweets during the game between the New York Giants and New England Patriots.
- Thanks to the Baltimore Ravens, 22-year-old rapper Soulja Boy won $200K on the Super Bowl after coming up victorious on a bet.
- Stevie Wonder halted his Super Bowl concert in New Orleans Saturday night to announce the news that his daughter/backup singer/inspiration for his hit “Isn’t She Lovely?”, Aisha Morris, had just gotten engaged.
- You can now buy tickets for early screenings of “Star Trek: Into Darkness” using the official app for the movie.
- Johnny Depp has just been cast to play notorious Boston mob boss Whitey Bulger. Based on a New York Times bestseller, the film “Black Mass” is scheduled to begin shooting in May, and will be directed by Barry Levinson. Bulger was allegedly involved in nearly 20 murders and was finally caught in June 2011 after being on the run and on top of the Most Wanted list for more than a decade. Ben Affleck and Matt Damon also have a project in the works about Bulger, who partially served as the inspiration for the film “The Departed.”
- And now, it’s time to track Kim Kardashian’s growing baby bump.
- You can even kind of start to see Kate Middleton’s royal baby belly …
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.