- The most expensive listed Bay Area home within the past decade was listed for sale for nearly $US100 million in June 2018. It’s since seen a $US50 million price cut and is currently on the market for $US54 million.
- The Wall Street Journal reported that the 32,000-square-foot home at 610 Los Trancos Road in Palo Alto, California, belonged to Scott McNealy, who founded the computer company Sun Microsystems before Oracle bought it in 2010 for $US7.4 billion.
- He purchased the first part of the home’s 13-acre lot in the mid-1980s before having the gargantuan house built in 2008.
- Take a look inside the 20-room, four-story house.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The monumental home is nothing short of extravagant. At nearly $US100 million, it was the most expensive home listed in the Bay Area in the past 10 years, according to a representative for the realtor.
The home has since seen a $US50 million price cut and is listed for nearly $US55 million exclusively through REX Homes. The home boasts 20 rooms, two fireplaces, and a pool — and that’s just scratching the surface.
Source: REX Homes
Homeowners and guests enter through an entryway.
The house has a traditional, slightly rustic vibe.
A wide living area holds one of the home’s two fireplaces.
Like the rest of the house, the kitchen has natural light streaming in through large windows.
The master bathroom includes a large tub with a skylight, as well as a couch and a vanity.
The master bedroom also includes a skylight and windows with the hillside in view.
The closets, like the home they’re in, are expansive, and they put your average walk-in closet to shame.
There are plenty of amenities for entertaining in the backyard, like outdoor seating and a grill for barbecuing …
… and a pool of course.
An expansive game room allows for ample amusement and leisure.
Off the game room is a poker room.
There’s also a fully equipped gym …
… and a media room featuring rows of plushy lounge chairs and a screen.
And what multimillion-dollar home is complete without a wine cellar?
McNealy told The Journal the home also has a safe room with panic buttons and a Kevlar door.
In case you want some pampering but don’t want to head to a salon, there’s a spa and massage space.
Perhaps the home’s most extraordinary feature is its 7,300-square-foot multipurpose sports area, which can be used as a tennis court or an ice rink, among other things.
As if that weren’t enough, there’s also an indoor sports court. You know, just in case.
A contender for the best part of the house is the pizza room, which includes a pizza oven for making homemade pies.
There’s a 110-yard golfing practice area, which all four of McNealy’s sons used while they were living there. McNealy’s oldest son, Maverick, 22, is a professional golfer.
Source: PGA Tour
There’s also a detached one-bedroom guesthouse on the property.
Like the main house, it’s a warm and rustic abode to accommodate guests …
… which I’d imagine the future owner will have a lot of, considering all the home’s amenities.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.