Warning: Minor spoilers ahead for “Stranger Things” season two.
The second season of “Stranger Things” is streaming now on Netflix, and the cast and creators recently celebrated the premiere in Los Angeles. While the adventurous characters are often dirtied up from exploring the Upside Down or dressed up in 80s style costumes, the cast cleans up nicely on the red carpet.
Keep reading to see what the main characters of “Stranger Things” look like in real life.
Jane (best known as Eleven) is the star of the series with her telekinetic/psychic powers and a tragic backstory.
Mike Wheeler is arguably the leader of his friend group (which they call the 'party' due to their Dungeons and Dragons obsession).
Will Byers is a key character on both seasons, since his connection to the Upside Down is triggering new problems in Hawkins.
Lucas is the party member with the most confidence and focus on whatever mission is in front of them.
Dustin is usually the mediator of the party and often knows all the important Dungeons and Dragons lore as it relates to the Upside Down.
Gaten Matarazzo, now 15 years old, doesn't love hats like his character Dustin and sports a shorter hair cut.
A newcomer this season is Max. Lucas and Dustin want her to join the party and a small love triangle ensues.
Billy is played by Dacre Montgomery, who ditches the mullet in real life but keeps the open-shirt style his character is fond of.
Nancy Wheeler is Mike's strong-willed older sister who was dating Steve by the end of the first season.
Last but not least, Joyce Byers is Will's anxiety-prone mother who went to extreme lengths on season one in order to get her boy back.
Winona Ryder, an '80s and '90s icon in her own right, bears little resemblance to her frenzied character.
More from INSIDER:
- Kim Kardashian threw herself a cherry blossom-filled shower for baby #3, and the photos are stunning
- Taylor Swift treated fans to a stripped-down performance of ‘Reputation’ hits on ‘Saturday Night Live’
- The first photos of Beyoncé’s adorable twins leaked online and people are freaking out
- ‘Stranger Things’ star Millie Bobby Brown and Drake recreated an iconic pose from the show for a photo — and it’s hard to tell who is more starstruck
- Target is having a huge sale on kitchen items right now — here are the best things to buy
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.