- Stormy Daniels discussed an alleged affair with Donald Trump in an interview that aired Sunday night.
- The adult-film actress and director said she has had to deal with several threats over the years, including one in a parking lot in 2011 while she was with her infant daughter.
- Daniels said that soon after she tried to go public with her story, an unidentified man left her “rattled” with comments that she “absolutely” took as a direct physical threat.
The adult-film actress Stormy Daniels said she was threatened with physical violence in 2011 after she attempted to share her story of an alleged affair with Donald Trump years ago.
In a highly anticipated interview on “60 Minutes” that aired Sunday night on CBS, Daniels – whose real name is Stephanie Clifford – detailed the threatening encounter she said occurred in a Las Vegas parking lot in 2011.
The adult-film star told Anderson Cooper she was on her way to a fitness class with her infant daughter when an unidentified man approached her.
“A guy walked up on me and said to me: ‘Leave Trump alone. Forget the story,'” Clifford said. “Then he leaned around and looked at my daughter and said, ‘That’s a beautiful little girl – it’d be a shame if something happened to her mum.’ And then he was gone.”
At the time, Clifford had recently discussed the alleged affair in an interview with a sister publication of In Touch magazine. But after Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen threatened to sue, it didn’t run the story, CBS reported.
Clifford said she was “rattled” by the man’s comments and “absolutely” took them as a direct threat. She said her hands were shaking as she went into her exercise class.
When asked why she didn’t report the man to the police, Clifford said, “Because I was scared.”
The White House has denied the affair, which Clifford has said began in 2006 and lasted 10 months. Shortly before the 2016 presidential election, she signed a nondisclosure agreement and accepted $US130,000 in hush money from Cohen.
Clifford sued the president earlier this month, arguing that the agreement is not valid in part because Trump did not sign it.
Here’s what else we learned in the interview:
- Mueller could use the “hush money” Trump’s lawyer paid to Stormy Daniels in the Russia investigation
- Daniels says Trump told her “you remind me of my daughter” after she spanked him with a magazine
- Daniels revealed what Trump said when she asked about Melania and their newborn son before the alleged affair
- Daniels refused to rule out photo or video proof of her alleged affair with Trump days after her attorney’s cryptic tweet
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.