Hello! I’m Joe Ciolli, and I oversee the investing and markets coverage at Business Insider. Listed below are some of the great stories we have available to subscribers.
Each one of them highlights single stock picks recommended by some of the smartest minds on Wall Street. Click here to claim a 20% discount on an annual subscription to BI Prime.
But before we get into the lists, allow me to set the scene…
The stock market has been shaken to its very core by the novel coronavirus.
The record 11-year bull market came to an abrupt end, while profit-growth forecasts have crumbled under the weight of a widespread economic lockdown.
At their very worst, major US indexes were 35% below record highs reached in February. And a disturbing number of big-money investors think stocks could still travel lower from current levels.
Wall Street strategists have surveyed the damage and concluded that there are still opportunities in the market – assuming an investor knows where to look. Many of them have created baskets of stocks possessing qualities that make them attractive choices to outperform the broader market.
Some of these groups of stocks have been historically resilient during market downturns, while others simply look too cheap to pass up. Each list has its own unique set of criteria.
Without further ado, here’s a running compliation of stock-pick lists compiled by Business Insider since the coronavirus sell-off began in earnest:
Stocks to buy as coronavirus whipsaws markets
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Stocks are expected to see unprecedented moves this earnings season. Here are 18 under-the-radar trades that could pay off big.
- Jefferies lays out 5 work-from-home stocks set to get a boost from the coronavirus lockdown – and shares 5 companies that could take a hit
- Morningstar pinpoints 32 undervalued stocks to buy right now and provides its analysts’ best ideas for each sector
- CREDIT SUISSE: Buy these 11 stocks ideally positioned to take advantage of a rebound after the coronavirus market meltdown
- Morgan Stanley handpicks the 18 best US stocks to buy now while they’re cheap to enjoy profits for years to come
- Goldman Sachs says buy these 12 stocks set to deliver market-beating sales growth as coronavirus crushes businesses
- Jefferies says these 15 stocks make the perfect buy for investors seeking quality, defence, and recovery as the coronavirus sends markets spinning
- Buy these 14 stocks flush with the cash reserves to survive a prolonged coronavirus crisis, BTIG says
- GOLDMAN SACHS: These 13 cheap stocks are poised for years of better-than-expected profits – and they’re must-haves as the coronavirus wipes out earnings in 2020
- MORGAN STANLEY: Buy these 11 stocks, which have been dominant throughout history following recession-driven bear markets
- 200-plus money managers pay thousands to see which stocks are on Jim Osman’s buy list. Here are 3 he says are set to soar ‘at least 50%’ from their coronavirus-stricken levels.
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Buy these 15 high-yielding cash-rich stocks as coronavirus uncertainty forces companies to slash dividend payments
- RBC says buy these 12 socially responsible stocks that are beating the market amid the coronavirus turmoil – and can help protect portfolios from more chaos
- Analysts have identified 3 stocks in the downtrodden financial space where investors can make money now – and they’re not the big banks
- Jefferies pinpointed 7 beaten-down, cash-rich stocks to buy right now in a coronavirus-stricken market – and shared 2 ‘at-risk’ stocks to avoid completely
- 4 energy experts break down what’s ahead for an oil market in free fall – including stocks to buy and strategies to deploy
- ‘Practically stealing’: Jefferies mapped out dozens of cheap stocks worth owning in a coronavirus-stricken market. Here are 10 of their top picks.