Stocks finished in the green on Thursday as bitcoin topped $US16,000 for the first time after a wild 48-hour surge that saw fortunes made and exchanges crash.Some Wall Street banks are walking away from the volatile cryptocurrency despite a new futures market set to launch this weekend.
Here’s the scoreboard:
- S&P 500: 2,637.01 (+0.29%)
- Dow: 24,200.60 (+0.25%)
- Nasdaq: 6,812.84 (+0.54%)
- Oil: $US56.61 (+1.16%)
- 10-year treasury bond: 2.34% (-0.57%)
- As the GOP tax plan heads to conference, rich homeowners in blue states could be among the biggest losers.
- Here are the 12 companies that could pay the highest effective tax rates under the new plan.
- Lululemon surged after beating on earnings and raising its guidance.
- Cryptocurrency volumes went bananas today, totaling more than half of a usual trading day on the New York Stock Exchange.
In other news…
- Bank of America has come up with the ‘ultimate tax reform trade’ that everyone is missing
- Pretty much every major cryptocurrency that isn’t called bitcoin fell
- A new Federal Reserve nominee could be key to setting rates – but his views make him a wildcard
- The tax bill could also add billions to the bottom lines of Amazon, Facebook, and Google‘s balance sheets
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.