[credit provider=”YouTube” url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_cKOe7MnDA”]
Stocks are up nicely in the United States, and some of the most heavily shorted stocks are leading the way. This was pointed out to us by Dave Lutz of Stifel, Nicolaus:
- Intel (INTC) is up 2.7 per cent.
- Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD) is up 2.7 per cent.
- Cerner Corp (CERN) is up 2.5 per cent.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD) is up 2.0 per cent.
- O’Reilly Automotive (ORLY) is up 1.4 per cent.
- Walt Disney (DIS), AT&T (T), and Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) are all up 1.1 per cent.
From a sectoral perspective, tech stocks are leading the way, up 1.9 per cent, while utilities are the biggest laggards, up only 0.2 per cent.