Welcome to Finance Insider, Business Insider’s summary of the top stories of the past 24 hours. Sign up here to get the best of Business Insider delivered direct to your inbox.
Goldman Sachs has a plan.
The US investment bank, which has been under pressure over its misfiring bond trading business, on Tuesday set out a strategy to generate an additional $US1 billion plus in fixed income, currencies and commodities revenues. The plan, presented by Harvey Schwartz, president and co-chief operating officer, at the Barclays Financial Services Conference, also identified a further $US4 billion in revenue opportunities in other business areas across the group. Here’s what you need to know:
- Here’s what you need to know about Goldman Sachs’ strategy to get the FICC business firing
- Goldman Sachs is hiring dealmakers in 4 unlikely destinations
- Goldman Sachs sees a $US1 billion opportunity in a business aimed at Main Street
The Delivering Alpha conference is taking place today. Here are the headlines:
- MNUCHIN: I “think it was a mistake” for CEOs to ditch Trump’s business councils
- DALIO: “It would be terrible” if Gary Cohn leaves the Trump administration
- DALIO: “Quizzical” Chinese leadership still trying to figure Trump out
- BLACKSTONE CEO: I got called a Nazi for advising a Trump council, but I’m Jewish
In other finance news, BlackRock, the world’s largest asset manager, is reshuffling some of its top execs. Mike Cagney is stepping down as the CEO of SoFi. And Hong Kong is becoming too expensive for bankers.
Apple is expected to unveil three new iPhone models — including the dramatically redesigned iPhone X — today at its first event inside the new ‘spaceship’ campus. Here’s what you need to know:
- We’re live at the new Steve Jobs Theatre for Apple’s annual iPhone event — follow the latest here
- UBS: Here’s what Apple’s stock will likely do after the new iPhone announcement
- Augmented reality will drive the next wave of smartphones — and Apple is destroying its competition
- A top Apple analyst has one big question for Tim Cook ahead of Tuesday’s event — and it has nothing to do with iPhones
- Everything you need to know about buying the iPhone X through Apple’s iPhone upgrade program
- Keep a close eye on these seven tech stocks during Tuesday’s new iPhone launch
Lastly, Business Insider’s Ben Zhang flew on Honda’s new $US4.9 million private jet, and he said it’s an absolute game-changer.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.