Welcome to Finance Insider, Business Insider’s summary of the top stories of the past 24 hours. Sign up here to get the best of Business Insider delivered direct to your inbox.
As the equity bull market forges ahead into its ninth year, all types of investors have been busy trying to figure out when it will all come crashing down.
Elsewhere in markets news, Goldman Sachs is doubling down on its bullish bet on commodities.
In finance news, there’s been a big shakeup at Morgan Stanley, and it shows the bank is getting more serious about technology. And the director of a leading management think tank dismissed blockchain technology as a distracting fad without much to offer financial services.
There’s lots of Facebook news:
- 911 calls from Facebook employees reveal everything from a Mace attack to demands to see Zuckerberg – and it’s a chilling new reality for Silicon Valley
- The billionaire cofounder of WhatsApp is leaving Facebook to collect cars and play ultimate frisbee
- WhatsApp’s cofounder could be leaving $US1 billion on the table by quitting Facebook
- The departure of WhatsApp’s founder has ‘potentially significant implications’ for Facebook
- OPINION: WhatsApp cofounder Jan Koum’s departure from Facebook is cowardly and leaves users in the lurch
And revenue for Netflix and other streaming services will skyrocket as TV stagnates, according to new projections.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.