Welcome to Finance Insider, Business Insider’s summary of the top stories of the past 24 hours. Sign up here to get the best of Business Insider delivered direct to your inbox.
It’s Good Friday, so most of the major US and European markets are closed.
And that’s about the only good news for Facebook right now, as the social networking giant suffers blow after blow. Most recently, the company is reeling after BuzzFeed published an explosive memo from the senior Facebook leader Andrew Bosworth.
Bosworth wrote in June 2016 that Facebook’s “questionable contact importing practices” and other so-called growth-hacking tactics were justified by the company’s mission, even if the platform was used to bully or even to coordinate terrorist attacks.
The breathtaking memo seems to reveal a “growth at all costs” mentality at Facebook that has embroiled the company in several other scandals, such as the uproar over the British data firm Cambridge Analytica’s harvesting of data from 50 million Facebook users using the platform’s built-in tools.
Mark Zuckerberg says the memo was a “provocative” thing he disagrees with strongly.
Tesla’s recent string of struggles continues as well. The electric automaker has issued its largest recall to date, affecting 123,000 Model S vehicles.
Here’s what else is going on:
- What CVS is doing to mum-and-pop pharmacies in the US will make your blood boil
- Uber’s fatal self-driving car accident is the reason why we don’t let companies make their own rules
- America’s biggest companies are saying exactly what Republicans want to hear about the massive GOP tax law
- GOLDMAN SACHS: These 14 stocks offer explosive profit growth that will help fight mounting selling pressure
- SoftBank’s $US100 billion mega-fund made it much harder for young tech startups to raise money – here’s why
- Walmart reportedly discussing possible acquisition of Humana
Lastly, this 26-year-old makes $US500,000 every month playing “Fortnite” in his bedroom – here’s how he does it.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.