Welcome to Finance Insider, Business Insider’s summary of the top stories of the past 24 hours. Sign up here to get the best of Business Insider delivered direct to your inbox.
If you’re a fan of the corporate mega-mergers that keep getting announced, there’s a good chance you’re going to love 2018.At least that’s the wisdom being touted by banks across Wall Street.
Elsewhere in deal news:
- Disney is about to go to war with Netflix and Fox could be a big weapon
- The CEO of Aetna is going to make a huge amount of money if the $US69 billion deal with CVS closes
- Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway rakes in $US295 million from UnitedHealthcare’s deal with Davita
- There’s growing speculation Tesla and SpaceX could merge – here’s why a deal would make sense
- Walgreens is taking a 40% stake in a Chinese pharmacy chain
- Home Depot is buying back $US15 billion of stock
- China’s Xiaomi is seeking a bank to launch what would be the world’s largest technology IPO
In markets news, it’s easier than ever to bet on the death of brick-and-mortar retail.
And in crypto news, traders on a $US1 billion cryptocurrency exchange say they can’t withdraw money and are left in the dark about why. Goldman Sachs asked clients about bitcoin’s price trajectory. And one VC firm is starting a new blockchain fund – and plans to fund it with an initial coin offering.
Lastly, an 18-year-old is raffling off his uncle’s £130,000 Porsche Panamera Turbo for £35 a ticket.