Welcome to Finance Insider, Business Insider’s summary of the top stories of the past 24 hours. Sign up here to get the best of Business Insider delivered direct to your inbox.
Every day, an army of Wall Street stock analysts issue target prices, stock predictions and forecasts for many of the thousands of publicly traded companies.
We scoured our contacts for the best and brightest of these analysts, receiving recommendations from bosses, colleagues, investors and recruiters. The editors made final decisions. To be eligible, the rising stars had to be aged 35-years-old or younger as of December 1, and involved in sell-side equity research at a Wall Street firm, as well as be distinguished in some way from the pack.
You can read Business Insider’s list of the top young Wall Street stars of equity research here.
You can read what they had to say about the markets here.
In finance news, the hedge fund world is talking about a huge new fund from the former investment chief at Viking Global. And in deal news, Campbell and Hershey both announced billion-dollar acquisitions of snack makers.
We’ve launched Crypto Insider, a roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrencynews you need to know today. Sign up here to get the email delivered direct to your inbox.
In markets news:
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Here’s how to make a killing in a market that’s barely moving
- Here’s what 12 Wall Street pros are predicting for the stock market in 2018
- There’s an easy way to show the stock market rally has little to do with Trump
- Bitcoin’s wild volatility could soon start shaping other markets
- Bitcoin falls after CME Group launches bitcoin futures
- JPMORGAN: Twitter is one of our top ideas for 2018
- Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway tops $US300,000 a share for the first time
- CSX CEO dies after taking unexpected medical leave
Lastly, we talked to Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman about tax reform, Trump, and bitcoin
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.